Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Day 15- 01/20/2020

Today was one of the most interesting days of this trip in my opinion. To start our day we went to Creative Character Engineering (CCE)! CCE is a business that does special effects makeup and they create wardrobes for movies and television shows. Established in 1991 by Andrew Clement, he shared with us that people who are involved in the production of making these costumes and coming up with makeup concepts come from a background of making and creating things. I found the makeup process a little more interesting because I enjoy normal makeup but when you can create something as crazy as Deadpool and Freddy Krueger looks, this just amazes me! The process behind the tattoos is fascinating to me as well. The way that they can take a blank canvas and then place a piece of work on the person getting the tattoo and make it look so realistic is surreal! I think that if the route I want to go down now is not the route for me, I can definitely see myself becoming an SFX makeup artist because I love art and creating things and I believe this would be a nice fit for me!


After we finished up with the nice people at CCE we got to go to the movies and watch the new war movie 1917! This was one of the best war movies I have ever seen! Once you have seen a lot of behind the scenes work of production, it opens your eyes to what really is being put together on the big screen. I found it extremely difficult to not see some of the stuff that I have learned while on my visits from each studio, but it gave me a true appreciation for the credits at the end of the movie! The single-shot format that the director had for the film was so unique and cool because it is so against the usual cuts between characters and really opened up to new tricks and ideas for future films!

To end the night we headed up to an exclusive view of the Hollywood sign with Sargent Bob! Although it was quite a twisty, curvy road we made it to the top and boy was the view worth the drive up! This was an experience that most people don't get to do so I want to thank Sargent Bob for being so nice and offering us this opportunity!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment