Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Day 6/7- 01/11-12/2020

These two days are combined for many reasons and one of those being since we were at P.A. Bootcamp. This at first was pretty nerve-racking seeing as I didn't know what I was getting myself into, and I didn't want it to change my idea of coming into this industry because I enjoy what I have done this far. Day one of boot camp was very simple and we learned the basics of becoming a Productions Assistant. We learned the terms needed and how to build up a kit, which was very cool in my opinion because I like organization and this one really helped me to understand the point behind the kits. We also learned how to read call sheets which at first was a little hard to follow but after a while I caught on and it got easier!


On the second day, it was a little more exciting and practical seeing as we sat around yesterday learning the basics. We got to go outside and talk on the radios and go over call sheets and pretend like we were actual P.A.'s. Although we got yelled at earlier in the day because we were not saying things loud enough we ended up passing the boot camp! This was very important for broadcasting and cinema because it allows everyone else and I to get a big understanding of our job as P.A.'s and how we will be working on future sets and projects. The stuff that we learned will not only help us at the beginning of our careers but stay with us throughout our whole career.


Sunday night was also very exciting! After boot camp, we got to go to dinner with a focus puller named Symon Mink. At the dinner, we got to ask questions and he answered them for us. As a focus puller, you find the most perfect shots and then make sure that they are in focus before taking the shot. He also taught us from experience with his newest project that timing of the production is not based on you, it will change on you multiple times, you have to roll with it and go from there. Symon taught us a lot during the dinner and it really opened my eyes to follow the camera route if the on-camera sports broadcasting doesn't work out for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment